I've been meaning to start this blog for a long time - figured it would be a good way to keep friends and family up to date with the latest updates with the Budge family.
Right now I am 35 weeks pregnant... at this point we are just trying to buy the last few things for the nursery. I had big plans to go satisfy my nesting urges at Babies R us this weekend but then figured out if I hold off until just before the baby is born I can get a 10% discount on anything on the registry. So buying things has been put on hold again... we did end up buyng our car seat and a base since we had a coupon as well as some gift cards and cash we were given as gifts.
We got a lot of great gifts in our baby showers at work and from friends and family. A few things we really needed - a bassinet, more cloth diapers, a baby swing, an organic crib mattress - the nursery is really coming along. We have some photos but once its more complete I will take some more and post them here.
I have three weeks of work left and then I will be on leave. I have a few weeks of vacation. Once the baby comes my plan is to take 12 weeks off. Only 6 of those are paid, but I'd like to spend as much time at home as I can before I go back to work. In work news my supervisor put in his notice recently and he's saying I might need to take his job. Not sure really what is happening with that or if I even want his job. But it might be a good opportunity for career advancement and hopefully more money. I guess I will have a lot of thinking to do while I am out on leave.
Basically right now we are just counting down the days until we get to meet our little boy. It's very surreal and exciting. Child birth classes are going pretty well so far. I am planning on trying to go for a natural birth so hopefully I won't have to be induced and that will work out. Wish me luck!
Oh, and these photos are a bit old (I am 35 weeks along right now) so I will have to get some new ones to post but I'm getting requests to see how big I'm getting so I'll post my most recent photo:

No comments:
Post a Comment