Monday, March 23, 2009

4 months!

Its been awhile since I've updated - I know, I fail! But working and taking care of a child is very time consuming and I am sure you can all agree! My mom has been watching him while I work which has been working out pretty well. One day a week she watches him at our house, then the rest of the week she watches him at her house. At first he had some major issues with taking a bottle (he just doesn't like them!) Now a days he is doing ok with them. Still doesn't drink as much milk from them as he would were he with me, but he's surviving, right?

Orin turned 4 months this weekend. We took him in for his immunizations this morning and got his latest stats - he is 26.5" long (93% for his age) and 16.5lbs (78% for weight his age). He is a big boy! I can't believe he is so tall for his age! He's almost too tall for his baby car seat, so this makes sense. I am a little annoyed since we spent so much money on the seat, I was really hoping it would last him longer. Speaking of car seats, Kanton bought some online that we got for a good deal. Too bad he wasn't paying enough attention and ordered two pink ones. And we can't exchange them. So poor Orin will have to suffer through pink car seats. Hopefully there are no long term consequences ;)

Orin has also gotten pretty interactive. He smiles a ton, is starting to laugh, coos and makes other baby jibber jabber. A friend of mine is going to let us borrow her jumperoo for Orin - I put him in one at the store and he loved it so we are excited to be able to use it. Thanks so much for letting us use yours, Angie!

Next month we are going to Arizona to see Kanton's parents and grand parents. We are excited for Orin to meet his great grandpa Orin and also for us all to get some much needed sunshine. The cold weather here is enough to drive us insane - luckily its finally spring so hopefully that means no more snow and only a few more months of rain.

Here are a few recent photos of Orin. Enjoy!

Orin on Valentines day. I bought him a few hats like this because they were just too cute to pass up.

Orin in the jumperoo at the store. This was on St Patricks Day. He was sporting the green this day, of course.

Orin sleeping in the car hugging his Sophie Giraffe (thanks, Mary Rose! He loves it!)

1 comment:

Angie Bolter said...

Sooo cute Steph! Love, love, love the picture of him and Kanton! That hat is too cute! Post pictures of him in the jumperoo! Hope he has lots of fun in it!! :)