Monday, November 24, 2008

Baby Orin

Since I am too lazy to post these all over, I'll just share the link to Kanton's facebook photo album:

Click here.

Hopefully that works. But it probably doesn't :p

Baby Orin is having another interesting day. Last night he wanted to constantly nurse, which was for the most part ok by me since he was losing some weight. I am wanting my milk to come in so the pediatrician doesn't try and get me to supplement. We have been having latching issues on one side, but the other side he seems to have no problem with. Go figure, Anyway now today Orin has a lot of bad gas and has been super fussy. I feel bad for him - his little tummy is constantly grumbling and he has had several messy diapers. I am also trying to catch up on some sleep. He had me up until about 5:00am nursing and then let me sleep until about 8:30am. Luckily we got him back down for a nap so Kanton and I grabbed a quick one too. We've been prepared for the lack of sleep and I think we've been doing a pretty good job so far. We both expected that we would have tons of frustration and less patience, but I think we are both learning that we have almost an infinite amount of patience for him. The only frustration is that we want so desperately for him to feel better and comforted.

Life with a newborn so far is hard, which we expected. But I think we are finding that the whole experience is very different than we anticipated, I think my focus now is to try and come up with some schedules and routines to get ourselves in so its easier to deal with every day life. I am really nervous about visitors right now just because we are so spur of the moment right now and that will just add more chaos to life. We feel truly blessed, though, with how many people have reached out to offer help, who visited us in the hospital, etc. We appreciate it more than anyone knows!

It's truly amazing to meet someone new and to be able to instantly fall in love with them. Being a parent is already so rewarding.

3 comments:

courtneyb said...

It was so nice getting to visit you three today! Thanks for letting me into your nest for a while to peek in and say hi =)

Danie said...

Wow Steph, he is just beautiful! I can't believe how much he looks like you! The first few weeks are definitely an adjustment. I can definitely relate to wanting him to feel better, it's so hard when you know they are uncomfortable and you can't do anything to help. Hang in there though, it does get better! Keep the pictures coming, I love seeing them. I just wish I could visit in person!

grandpa budge said...

this face book thing is new to me. Anyway can't wait to see my grandson. Love Grandpa Chad