Actually I am 39w5d according to my Dr. and 39w2d according to me.. but whatever. My hope of the full moon getting baby out didn't help. Kanton and I have been asking him nicely to please come out on his own before the Dr. decides he needs to be evacuated. Hopefully he will be a good boy and mind his parents. But I am sure this is just the beginning of this child defying us.
Just got back from my weekly Dr. appt. I am dilated to 3 now (it's been going up about 1cm a week now) and not sure how effaced I am - at one point she said 90% and another time she said 100%. She stripped my membranes (last check I had the other Dr. do it and it didn't hurt at all... this time it hurt. a lot). I was told that about 1/3 of the time this results in labor and baby, 1/3 of the time it does nothing and 1/3 just means painful contractions but doesn't end up in labor.. Since then I have been pretty crampy. Hopefully that equals baby soon, not just annoying pain.
The last week I have been having a lot of back pain which I am being told is because of his position. He is face up right now and needs to be face down... or visa versa, I don't remember.
Still don't have a name yet.
And really in all of this, it still hasn't quite dawned on me that the end result will be a baby. I don't know that I will be able to wrap my mind around that until I meet him.
Anyway, wish us luck that he decides to come out in the next 48hrs or so. That would be super convenient to have him on the weekend :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment