Wednesday, January 21, 2009

2 months!

Baby Orin is 2 months old today. Time has certainly gone by fast and he is growing like a weed. We've started putting him in some 3 - 6 month clothes - particularly for his jammies and onesies. His bum is a bit big with his cloth diapers so I am thinking we may always have to be a size ahead. He weighs between 12 - 13 pounds and has lots of extra chub on him now. He's also starting to look more like a little man. He smiles and laughs a lot. I am still amazed at how good of a baby he is. I keep expecting him to start screaming at night or being fussy, but so far we've really lucked out. He'll probably make it up to us when he is a teenager and will end up a hell monster. ;)

He should be having his 2 month wellness exam soon. There have been some issues with his health insurance in 2009. Last year he was on my insurance - when he was born I just had to call my works HR and ask them to add him and they did it no problem. In 2009 we decided to switch to Kanton's insurance which was better this year. Orin was born after the enrollment time for 2009 and it took Kanton awhile to get him added. We still don't have his insurance card and have been told to just take him to the Dr. and pay full cost for the visit and then they will pay us back. I am a bit hesitant to do that, though.

Yesterday Orin and I watched the inauguration at home and then went out with some friends. We got him an Obama T-shirt to wear - one of the advantages of having a baby is to be able to display your political agendas on them ;) I suppose one day he will be a conservative and won't recycle just to spite me ;)

Here is Orin watching the inauguration. He seems pretty happy :D

I only have another 3 and a half weeks before I go back to work. I REALLY want to quit, but don't think we can afford it. We may have to figure out a way to do it, though. I just keep thinking to myself that no amount of money is worth missing out on him. It's funny - for the first time in my life I am WISHING to get laid off.

We finally got the birth announcements and those will be coming out soon. We ordered some pictures too, to send people, though, and not all of them arrived yet. So we are waiting again to get everything sent. I know people were wanting to see the digitals too and we are also waiting on those. I want to apologize for the lateness of this all - as mentioned in my last post the pictures were going to be going out as Christmas gifts. Now we are a month late and it looks like it may be awhile longer. :-/

No comments: