Saturday, December 6, 2008

Uncontional Love

At some time in anyone's life they will come to a point where they're going to try and explain love. Some explanations are flowery and full of thees and thous, some are scientific and try to use logic. The best way for me to explain the love I feel for my six day old child is one I've heard often but never really understood. I want to eat him up. Seriously, I want to make him into a little ball and consume him out of love. It's the best way to explain how I feel about someone who I really don't even know, but know that I will always love no matter what they do. They can shit and pee all over me and I will just laugh. He can wake me up at midnight and cry an insanely heartbreaking cry until the sun comes up, and my love for him will not wain.

When we were driving home from the hospital, all I could think about was how everyone driving on the road needed to know the most important being in the world was in our car and they had better be as careful as if... well I can't think of anything more important. Before Stephanie and I went home with our new family member, we had to stop by the grocery store. We gently took the car seat out and placed in the shopping cart, wheeled him through the doors, and it felt like the world around was in high speed. People rushing here and there, on their phones, having places to be... and they just didn't know. They didn't have a clue what the meaning of it all is.

No comments: